When it comes to remodeling a home, one of the most popular options is adding a bathroom. This type of addition to a home can not only greatly add to the value of your home, but it can also be incredibly practical, depending upon the size and growth of your family. In Virginia, when you’re looking at Hampton bathroom additions, there are number of exciting new ideas and trends to consider. Here are a few:
- One of the most popular bathroom addition ideas is making the new space a spa experience. A whirlpool tub or a steam shower are great ideas for Hampton bathroom additions. They add a touch of luxury to any home.
- In keeping with the luxury theme, a new bathroom addition would be a great opportunity to try out a hot trend: a curbless shower stall. A curbless shower seamlessly integrates into your tiled bathroom floor, adding a sleeker, more modern feel. They also give the illusion of a larger space.
- If you want to go the more traditional route with your addition in terms of a shower/tub, why not include a vanity? A floating vanity would evoke a sleek, futuristic look. They also can remove the “cluttered” appearance. As a bonus, adding lighting fixtures underneath the floating vanity can enhance the illusion of a larger space.
- If you’re going to add a new bathroom to your home, why not go hi-tech with it? If you’re one of the millions of bath time crooners, you will enjoy some of the new tubs and showers that have built-in stereos and radios and speakers. They are way better than the clunky old shower radios from way back when.
- Another popular trend is a freestanding tub. Many homes are now designing their bathrooms to have separate showers and tubs. If you have the space when designing your new addition, consider the luxury of a separate freestanding tub. It looks great and can often serve as an “oasis” for someone looking to get some relaxation.
- When thinking about your addition, how about planning for a little natural light? Giant bay or picture windows are a beautiful way to open up the room and save money on lighting. Larger windows will also help with your utilities in the new room and can make it a focal point of your home.
- Ready for an out-of-the-box kind of idea? A new bathroom addition could have some nice carpeting. If you pick the right texture, what is normally an unthinkable feature in a bathroom could prove to be one that is both unique and comfortable. Carpeting always ties a room together, and for Hampton bathroom additions, this might be what you’re looking for.
- In keeping with the idea of sleekness, try opening up your new bathroom addition with a freestanding sink. There are a number of designs for sinks, from modern to rustic, and one is sure to fit the style of your space.
When deciding on what feature, style, or designs you want for your Hampton bathroom additions, remember to consult with your remodeler or contractor first. They can help you decide what will work best for your budget, for your home, and what will meet the requirements of your city and/or your neighborhood’s homeowners association. The experts here at Criner Remodeling are always available to help you in the process of your bathroom addition. Visit us online for more bathroom addition ideas at www.crinerremodeling.com.