Keeping track of the small things can make a big difference when it comes to planning a kitchen renovation. Let’s look at five specific areas where it pays to stay focused.
- It’s important to look at the kitchen as a whole before setting specific goals. For example, “get a bigger refrigerator” may be high on your to-do list. But remember, you have to fit that larger appliance within your existing kitchen — unless you plan to renovate the entire room. Knowing how one change will affect the rest of the space will save you from making aggravating mistakes.
- Consider how you use your kitchen on a typical day. This can tell you if you should keep your existing configuration or redo it entirely. For example, a standard galley-style kitchen is fine for a small family. However, you may need to move to an L-shaped or open design if you like to prepare large meals or if multiple people are in the kitchen at the same time.
- Remember, having enough light to safely perform food preparation tasks is crucial. For example, chopping vegetables may seem like a simple chore. But it can lead to nasty cuts or even a trip to the emergency room if you don’t have task-focused lighting in place. This is an important step in planning a kitchen renovation.
- Try to minimize the amount of new plumbing or wiring you’ll need. Adding these features to your kitchen can make remodeling more expensive.
- Don’t forget that storage is more important than space. Having extra room will do you little good if you don’t have a way to arrange utensils, appliances, and pantry items. You’ll find plenty of ingenious organizational products on the market that can help you bring order to a cluttered kitchen.
Don’t feel bad about asking for help. Planning a kitchen renovation is a challenging task even for the pros. Staying on top of all the details can tax your patience and your abilities. So, get in touch with us here at Criner Remodeling if you’d like a formal proposal or just some basic suggestions. We can turn your dreams of a beautifully remodeled kitchen into reality.