One of the chief reasons people are interested in Virginia home remodeling is the desire to have their home be more energy efficient, which makes sense. Even small upgrades in your home can make a big difference over time when it comes to your monthly bills. Plus, an energy-efficient home is more comfortable, environmentally friendly, and sellable than one plagued by drafts and leaks. So here’s a look at a few Virginia home remodeling projects that can make your residence a thrifty user of the country’s limited energy resources:
- Adding insulation to your attic and walls is one of the simplest yet most effective upgrades you can choose. A well-insulated home stays warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. It costs less to maintain and creates a healthier environment for you and your family. Today’s technology enables us to upgrade your insulation in numerous ways, including the use of fiberglass, foam, and cellulose materials.
- Today’s windows offer features that were unimagined just a few years ago. Energy Star-rated windows in particular offer attractive savings potential. We will gladly discuss window replacement options with you.
- Old-style incandescent bulbs are real energy hogs. Today’s florescent and LED filaments not only use less power, they also create clean, bright light that can enhance the enjoyment of your home. Options range from changing out light bulbs to installing new lighting fixtures.
- Many people don’t think of their water heater when considering Virginia home remodeling projects. Nonetheless, this single appliance may be costing you big time while providing minimal benefits. Replacing your old heater or adding insulation around it can keep money in your pocket.
- Don’t forget your doors. They represent another potential source of lost energy. We can help by inspecting your current products and recommending new ones that will improve your home’s comfort.
These are just a few of the Virginia home remodeling options that can revolutionize your energy efficiency. Contact us today to find out more.