Robert Criner, president of Criner Remodeling, founded the company in 1977 and has led the company to grow into a successful and profitable business for over 40 years.
Criner began working for a remodeling contractor in the summer of 1972, when he started his own one-man operation. Today the company has a team of over 15 professionals in the remodeling industry. Criner is constantly involved in the remodeling industry and the community and has given back in numerous ways both locally and nationally.
Robert Criner has served in the following organizations:
- 2016 Chair of the Peninsula Remodelors Council of the Peninsula Housing and Builders Association
- National Association of Home Builders Board Member, 2016
- 2015 NAHB Remodelers Chair
- NAHB Membership & Communications Committee, 2010 – 2015
- York County Board of Zoning Appeals
- York County Board of Building Code Appeals
- Peninsula Habitat for Humanity Advisory Board
- New Horizons Educational Foundation
- National Board of Governors for the Certified Graduate Remodelors
For work in the remodeling industry, Criner has received:
- 2015 Peninsula Housing and Builders Association Builder of the Year
- Winner of the Guildmaster Award in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- 2012 Nation’s Remodeler of the Year – National Association of Homebuilders
- 2012 Graduate Master Remodeler of the Year
- National Remodeling Quality Award
- Well Over 100 Local, State, and National Awards
Robert Criner was also the first in the nation to receive the Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR) and the Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR).
Other certifications that Criner holds also include:
- CGB – Certified Graduate Builder
- CAPS – Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist
- CMR – Certified Master Remodeler
- CGP – Certified Green Professional
- Class-A Licensed Contractor
- EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm
In addition, Criner is an instructor for the Virginia Contractor Basic Business Course at Thomas Nelson Community College.
Besides local publications such as the Daily Press and Inside Business Robert Criner has been interviewed and featured in various national publications including: The New York Times, the Chicago Tribune, the Washington Post, U.S. News & World Report, Architectural Digest, Remodeling Magazine, Consumer Reports, Kiplinger Magazine, Investor’s Business Daily, Better Homes & Gardens Remodeling Magazine, Professional Remodeler Magazine, Journal of Light Construction Magazine, and NAHB Nation’s Building News.
Robert Criner was the first keynote speaker for JLC Live, a leading construction industry event exclusively serving the residential building segment.
Criner was also featured on several episodes of the television series Homebuilding Digest on Home and Garden Television (HGTV).
Robert is married to Aggie and together they have four sons: Adam, Luke, Paul and Drew. In his free time he enjoys spending time with his family; especially his granddaughter Marley Sunshine and grandson Luka.